I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Wildlife Disease Information Node is a collaborative project working to develop a Web-based
monitoring and reporting system to provide state and federal resource managers, animal disease
specialists, veterinary diagnostic laboratories, physicians, public health workers, educators, and the
general public with access to data on wildlife diseases, mortality events, and other critical related information.
Data are contributed voluntarily, with partners deciding which data they choose to share.
Please use your browser's back button to return to USGS Kids.
If you get stuck, try the "HINT" feature.
1. harmful, unnatural substance in the environment
2. animals with fur
5. disease transmitted by ticks
10. bird flu
13. 8-legged parasite
15. trout or bass
18. fatal viral disease of dogs and other mammals
19. living things that aren't plants
22. virus discovered in the Congo in 1976
23. sudden start of disease
1. chemical used to kill harmful organisms
2. flying insect that carries disease
3. disease transmitted by mosquitoes
4. parasitic disease affecting trout
6. likely to spread to others through the environment
7. virus carried by mice
8. African viral disease transmitted by rodents and primates
9. watching for changes
11. frogs and salamanders
12. wild animals
14. animals with feathers
16. organism that lives in or on another organism
17. snakes and turtles