I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Public interest in birds is at an all-time high as a result of the recreational value and their
importance as indicators of the health of the environment. Continued concern over habitat
degradation and declining populations of some species of birds in North America have driven
the development of several national and international bird conservation initiatives.
Please use your browser's back button to return to USGS Kids.
If you get stuck, try the "HINT" feature.
2. gooney bird
4. showing where animals live
7. the study of birds
8. mating, nesting, and raising young
9. all of the living things in a place
12. disease carried by mosquitoes
13. where most birds lay their eggs
21. soft feathers
22. keeping track of populations
23. the study of how traits are inherited
1. regular travel between summer and winter homes
3. avian influenza
5. use a field guide for——
6. keeping populations from declining
8. all of the living things on the planet
10. a baby bird
11. the study of living things
12. ducks and geese
16. bird that lives near the ocean
17. fewer animals than before
18. one of our feathered friends
19. where a bird lives
20. a bird's arm